Journal of Energy in Southern Africa
The Journal, published by ERC and accredited by the South African Department of Education for university subsidy purposes, offers mostly papers covering the technical, economic, policy, environmental and social aspects of energy research and development carried out in, or relevant to, South Africa. It is abstracted and indexed in Environment Abstract, Index to South African Periodicals, and the Nexus Database System. JESA has also been selected into the Science Citation Index Expanded by Thomson Reuters, and coverage begins from Volume 19 No 1. It is also on the Scientific Electronic Library Online SA platform managed by the Academy of Science of South Africa.
As from Volume 26 Number 1, JESA is only published electronically, and available freely from the time of publication.
Editor: Mokone Roberts
For all details about submitting articles to JESA, click here
- Prof. Kornelis Blok, Ecofys Consultancy Group, Utrecht, The Netherlands
- Prof. Anton Eberhard, UCT Graduate School of Business, Cape Town, South Africa
- Prof. Roula Inglesi-Lotz, University of Pretoria, Pretoria, South Africa
- Prof. Gilberto M. Jannuzzi, University of Campinas, São Paulo, Brazil
- Prof. Daniel Kammen, University of California, Berkeley, USA
- Dr Jiang Ke Jun, Energy Research Institute, China
- Mr Barry MacColl, Eskom, Pretoria, South Africa
- Prof. Yacob Malugetta, University College, London, UK
- Dr Nthabiseng Mohlakoana, University of Twente, Enschede, Netherlands
- Prof. Angela Cadena Monroy, Mining Planning Unit Energy, Colombia
- Dr Velaphi Msimang, Mapungubwe Institute for Strategic Reflection, Johannesburg, South Africa
- Prof. Anand Patwardhan, Indian Institute of Technology, Bombay, India
- Prof. Ambuj Sagar, Indian Institute of Technology, Delhi, India
- Prof. Wikus Van Niekerk, Stellenbosch University, Stellenbosch, South Africa
- Prof. Francis Yamba, University of Zambia, Lusaka, Zambia
Articles or abstracts published in Volumes 11-24 (2000-2015) are for now available here. Please note than the current volume (Vol 27, nos 1-4) is now available at our new permanent home - to where all archives are also being moved.
General enquiries: Contact the editor.