Publications by EDRC and ERI staff members, pre-2004
- Davidson, O & Mwakasonda, S. 2003. Southern Africa sub-regional study: South Africa and Zimbabwe: Electricity access sub-theme.
- De Villiers, M. 2000. Greenhouse gas baseline and mitigation options for the commercial sector.
- Energy for Development Research Centre, 2003. A review of international literature of ESCOs and fee-for-service approaches to rural electrification (solar home systems).
- Davidson O, Winkler H, 2003. South Africa’s energy future: Visions, driving factors and sustainable development indicators.
- Mukheibir P, Sparks D, 2003. Water resource management and climate change in South Africa: Visions, driving factors and sustainable indicators.
- Energy for Development Research Centre, 2003. Policies and measures for renewable energy and energy efficiency in South Africa.
- Energy for Development Research Centre, 2003. Policies and measures for renewable energy and energy efficiency in South Africa: Appendices
- Chandler W, Secrest T, Logan J, Schaeffer R, Szklo AS, Schuler ME, Dadi Z, Kejun Z, Yuezhong Z, Huaqing X, Shukla PR, Tudela F, Davidson O, Mwakasonda S, Spalding-Fecher R, Winkler H, Mukheibir P & Alpan-Atamer S 2002 Climate change mitigation in developing countries: Brazil, China, India, Mexico, South Africa, and Turkey. (Washington DC, Pew Center on Global Climate Change)
- Winkler, H, Spalding-Fecher, R, Mwakasonda, S & Davidson, O 2002. Sustainable development policies and measures. (Washington, WRI)
Journal articles, conference papers and presentations
- Bennett KF, 2001. Energy efficiency in Africa for sustainable development: A South African perspective, UNESCO Workshop on Sustainable Development
- Howells MI, Solomon M, An Optimal Energy and Greenhouse Gas Mitigation Path for South Africa in the Short to Medium Term, 6th International Conference on Greenhouse Gas Control Technologies, Kyoto, October 2002
- Lloyd PJ, 2002. Coal mining and the environment
- Sparks, D.A.; White, N. and Mwakasonda, S. 2003. Environmental and health impacts of the basic electricity support tariff. Proceedings of the International Conference on Domestic Use of Energy: 29-34.
- Trikam A, 2002. Greenhouse gas mitigation options in the industrial sector. Conference paper. [Also: SA Journal of Economic and Management Sciences 5(2)]
- Winkler, H, Spalding-Fecher, R, Tyani, L & Matibe, K 2002. Cost-benefit analysis of energy-efficiency in urban low cost housing. Development Southern Africa 19 (5): 593-614.
- Winkler, H & Thorne, S 2002. Baselines for suppressed demand: CDM projects contribution to poverty alleviation. South African Journal of Economic and Management Sciences 5 (2): 413-429.
- Winkler, H & Mavhungu, J 2002. Potential impacts of electricity industry restructuring on renewable energy and energy efficiency. Journal of Energy in Southern Africa 13 (2): 43-49.
- Winkler, H, Spalding-Fecher, R, Sathaye, J & Price, L 2001. Multi-project baselines for potential Clean Development Mechanism projects in the electricity sector in South Africa. Journal of Energy in Southern Africa 12 (4): 449-457.
- Stone A and Bennett K, 2001. A bulk model from South African diesel commercial vehicles, National Association for Clean Air Annual Conference 2001
- Davidson, O & Sokona, Y 2002. A new sustainable energy path for African development – Think Bigger Act Faster, EDRC / ENDA Tiers.
- ERI, FES & Harwell, 2002. The Clean Development Mechanism: A guide for Potential Participants in South Africa Future Energy Solutions, Harwell and ERI.
- Spalding-Fecher, R (Ed) 2002. The CDM Guidebook: the Clean Development Mechanism of the Kyoto Protocol - a guide for project developers in Southern Africa